At Dar Al Qalam Center, we aim to provide an Islamic environment for our students that fosters a keen interest in reading, writing, understanding, and practicing the Holy Qur’an. Currently, our preschool serves over 200 students in a 30,000 sq. ft. property. We hold our sessions in 10 classrooms, we also have men & women halls for events, as well as a kitchen and a snack store to provide meals and snacks. Our school year begins September and ends May. We follow an educational approach that relies on trust and reward, rather than punishment for success. We provide an environment where our best students can excel, and our more challenged students can overcome their barriers and personal struggles to achieving their set goals.
Our admissions requirements are as follows:
- All new students planning to enroll in our school must be a minimum of 5 years old, and a maximum of 13 years old,
- All students must take a reading and writing placement test in order to determine their educational level; students who pass this test are advanced to Qur’an memorization classes
- Students must come to Dugsi with the right intentions (Niyyah) and should be come to Dugsi willingly and lovingly, not by force,
- Students must be willing to exhibit good manners; listen when needed and properly follow instructions.
Our waiting list pPolicy:
- When we are at full capacity, parents can request placement on a waiting list,
- There are no guarantees on when students will be accepted into the school,
- Students are accepted on a first come, first serve basis,
- Parents should regularly update any personal contacts, in order to be effectively reached,
- Parents need to respond to admission requests within a week.
- Morning Class
- Students can be dropped off between 7:30am-8am
- Qur’an/Higaad is from 7:30am-11:00am
- Snack Break is from 10am-10:25am
- Islamic studies are from 11:00am-12pm
- Students can be picked up between 12:30pm-1pm
- Afternoon Class
- Students can be dropped off between 2:00pm-2:30pm
- Qur’an/Higaad is from 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Snack Break is from 4:30pm-4:55pm
- Islamic studies are from 5:30pm-7pm
- Students can be picked up between 7:00pm-7:30pm